1 litre in 3 Easy Steps
Half fill your 1L Yogurt Jar with room temperature drinking water. Add the contents of the sachet, put the lid on, and shake vigorously ensuring the powder is dissolved. Fill with more water to the top and shake again.
Make sure the round insert is secured properly inside the Family Yogurt Maker. Pour boiling water to the top of the round insert. Place your 1 L Yogurt Jar into the Yogurt Maker so that the boiling water rises up the sides and leave for 8-10 hours or overnight, but no longer than 24 hours.
Take out the jar of freshly made yogurt and refrigerate (4°C) until chilled. (Whey separation is normal for home-made yogurt. Either stir in, as it is full of goodness, or pour out any excess before serving).
Notes for Family Yogurt Maker:
• Clean the yogurt jar thoroughly between batches.
• Use clean water in the yogurt jar (treated water, bottled or boiled water). Use at room temperature: not chilled.
• You can leave the jar inside the I AM NZ™ Yogurt Maker, without the product spoiling, up to 24 hours only.
• The boiling water inside the Yogurt Maker should not exceed above the round insert height, for safety reasons.
• In very cold winters you can use tepid water in your yogurt jar for a perfect set. Alternatively make sure the Yogurt Maker is used in a room temperature environment (21˚C).
• In very hot summers you may want to use a little less boiling water (2-4mm) inside the Yogurt Maker.
• When cleaning the Yogurt Maker, DO NOT put in dishwasher or immerse under water. Use a damp cloth to wipe it between usage.